An Anglican Faith Community
Our school's community spirit is made possible through our endeavour to uphold Anglican values and practices and through an exceptional pastoral program.
While our teachers foster a love of learning, actively encouraging students in their pursuit of their unique passions, strengths and talents, faith is also central to a St George's education. Our values are centred on personal growth, connection to God, academic achievement and service to others.
Students are expected to participate in the school’s religious curriculum which includes Christian education lessons and weekly chapel services at St George's Cathedral.
Diversity is important to us too, and our entire student body embraces inclusivity, faith and personal excellence. Every passion, strength and talent is pursued with our broad curriculum and extra-curricular programs.
The following values guide all we do at St George’s:
- Faith - Living by Gospel values
- Excellence - Being a critical thinker and problem-solver and pursuing high standards
- Justice - Demonstrating fairness, compassion and courage
- Respect - Respecting self and others and taking responsibility for sustainability of the Earth
- Integrity - Acting with honesty and openness
- Diversity - Promoting social inclusion and celebrating difference